For Children At Risk Everywhere
The Endangered Child Initiative is an independent commission dedicated to finding realistic and practical
solutions for the rescue and rehabilitation of homeless and otherwise endangered children. Our efforts include
the gathering and analysis of empirical information and data for all those who have committed their
lives to combatting child trafficking and exploitation, and to help coalesce the efforts of those
who advocate for disavowed and forsaken children everywhere.
Strategy & Imperatives
PROGENY: Electronic Records for Kids
- Our independently operated data system for children, which we call PROGENY, defines our proactive endeavors to make a difference. This highly secure system maintains a comprehensive record for every missing, exploited, or otherwise endangered child for whom we advocate. PROGENY helps secure the safety and welfare of forsaken children, and facilitates their placement in long-term foster care or adoption. Additionally, PROGENY’s secure, electronic medical records for sick children enable pediatric specialists to consult with local attending doctors, and arrange for them to receive new drugs and treatment for the children in their care. The PROGENY Secure Data System is one of the most unique and important tools available to define positive destinies for marginalized children.
- PROGENY records also garner anecdotal testimony from rescued children, their caregivers, and other reliable witnesses or informants that is vitally important to our bilateral partnership with CTECC (the Child Trafficking, Exploitation, & Cybercrimes Commission). This shared information assists CTECC and international law enforcement entities for the interdiction of child abusers, and especially the transnational organized crime entities responsible for the commercial trafficking and exploitation of children.
Intelligence + Data Analysis
- While there are many non-governmental organizations worldwide tackling the issue of exploited and endangered children on both a local and international level, THE ENDANGERED CHILD INITIATIVE gathers, converges, and analyzes detailed, empirical information and data accessible by those dedicated to combatting child trafficking and exploitation, and the rescue and rehabilitation of homeless children. Our purpose is to provide a centralized system with accurate data and demographics on a global basis. This facility includes a rating system for the performance of governments in addressing the issue of homeless, exploited, and otherwise endangered children. This rating is evidence-based and demonstrable, and is independently gathered and not based on the representations of the specific governments being rated, nor of international treaty or human rights entities.
- We also compile and share in-depth analysis of the credibility of non-profit organizations, the effectiveness of their campaigns, their funding sources, distribution, and where applicable the misappropriation of funding. Non-profit or charitable organizations are rated for the benefit of prospective donors using empirical information—real data gathered directly by us.
Reportage + Oversight
We report on the real conditions and circumstances in which homeless and otherwise endangered children find themselves, and provide insight into what is being done (or not done) to better their prospects. We also frequently release in-depth SPECIAL REPORTS on a variety of compelling topics.
- We report on the work and achievements of non-governmental organizations (NGOs) actively involved in the welfare of children at risk, helping them forge mutually-beneficial relationships and credibility, obtain the funding they need, and receive effective cooperation from their governments and the international community.
- We report and provide oversight on the commitments by governments worldwide to take real and effective action on all issues to do with the exploitation or endangerment of children, especially with regard to the plight of homeless children. This includes bringing pressure to bear on those governments who continue to violate the international treaties they have signed on the rights of the child or related human trafficking conventions.
Education + Awareness
- Our mandate includes raising public awareness of the issue of child exploitation and endangerment worldwide. One of our most challenging tasks is to inform people about this issue in viable cultures—cultures that have the ability to actually DO SOMETHING about these most heinous of crimes. Most people don’t have a clear concept of how pervasive the problem of child sexual exploitation has become, and most feel helpless to do anything about it. But given the right tools, the public can become a crucial factor in bringing perpetrators of child exploitation to justice. We are dedicated to providing those tools.
- We promote and host a variety of venues where experts educate and engage audiences on the issue of children at risk. These include documentary segments distributed through social media, interviews on national TV networks, and public-speaking events.
- We collaborate with educators by providing specific course materials for subjects related to human and child trafficking and exploitation. And we provide an open forum for students to interact directly with THE ENDANGERED CHILD INITIATIVE with questions and discourse.